Finding Avenues for Remote Success
This academic year will be unlike any other and, as you adjust to the remote environment, challenges are inevitable. But remote doesn’t mean alone—we are here to help you overcome and succeed.
Jonathan Alexander, Associate Dean in the Division of Undergraduate Education (DUE), and Kevin Huie, OVPTL Executive Director of Student Success and Director of Student Success Initiatives (SSI), discuss how UCI’s student body can find support, build community, and redefine success in a virtual setting. From one-on-one counseling sessions to programs that support first-generation, low-income, and other diverse student populations, there are many opportunities for students to connect and engage.
As members of the Anteater community, we are unequivocally stronger together.
Links to more information:
- Access specialized programs and support for first-generation students by visiting the UCI First-Generation website
- Listen to students tell their success stories on the WE ARE UCI: Student Success Podcast
- Read how SSI programs support first-generation students here
- Read how the ANTrepreneur Center supports student entrepreneurs here
- Read how the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) supports student researchers here
- Read how Summer Edge supports incoming students here